Sea swimming in IrelandDecember 30, 2022
Swimming in the sea is a popular activity in Ireland, with many people enjoying the opportunity to take a dip in the cool, clear waters that surround the country. Whether you're a seasoned sea swimmer or new to the sport, there are plenty of options for getting in the water and enjoying the unique beauty of Ireland's coastline.
One of the great things about sea swimming in Ireland is the variety of locations available. From the wild and rugged coastlines of the west to the sheltered bays and beaches of the east, there's something for everyone. Some popular spots for sea swimming include:
1. Inch Beach, County Kerry: This Blue Flag beach is located in the Dingle Peninsula and is known for its crystal clear waters and beautiful sandy beach.
2. Strandhill Beach, County Sligo: This popular beach is known for its great surf and is a popular spot for sea swimming.
3. Rossnowlagh Beach, County Donegal: Located in the northwest of Ireland, this Blue Flag beach is known for its clean waters and is a great spot for sea swimming.
4. Lahinch Beach, County Clare: Located on the west coast of Ireland, Lahinch Beach is known for its great surf and is a popular spot for sea swimming.
5. The Forty Foot, Dublin: A popular sea swimming spot located just south of Dublin in Sandycove. The Forty Foot is known for its crystal clear waters and picturesque setting, making it a great place to take a dip and enjoy the scenery.
In addition to these great spots, there are many other great places to go sea swimming in Ireland. Some other top picks include Banna Beach in County Kerry, White Strand in County Clare, and Curracloe Beach in County Wexford.
When sea swimming in Ireland, it's important to follow a few safety tips. Always swim with a buddy, and make sure to check the weather and surf conditions before heading out into the water. It's also a good idea to wear a wetsuit in cooler weather, and to be aware of any local safety guidelines or regulations.
Overall, sea swimming in Ireland is a great way to enjoy the beauty of the country's coastline and get some exercise in the process. Whether you're a seasoned sea swimmer or just looking to dip your toes in the water, there are plenty of options for getting in the water and enjoying the unique beauty of Ireland's coastline. So, don't miss the opportunity to enjoy the sea swimming in Ireland.