Clare County Council Case Study
Before using the Great Visitor Experiences solution two attractions in County Clare (Vandeleur Walled Gardens is based in Kilrush and Loophead Lighthouse is based in Kilbaha) struggled to tell their story and history to a captive audience.
Both sites are managed by different teams, so it was difficult to cross sell secondary sites and also provide inspiring information around the experience, facilities and location.
They also experienced significant challenges in sourcing real, live, direct visitor data for example, visitors likes and dislikes and the parts of the attraction the visitor engaged with most. This resulted in very little direct feedback to inform the future needs and investment of the attractions.
“Great Visitor Experiences has helped us to tell better stories around two of our biggest attractions whilst providing an excellent platform to receive direct customer feedback and cross promote both sites to visitors while they are in destination.”
The Great Visitor Experiences team crafted all their stories and folklore into our mobile App whilst mapping the customer journey and offering the user a start, middle and end to their visit.
- Sent exit surveys to all visitors and collected location data on what elements of the attraction the visitor engaged most with. This feedback is captured and offered back to the management of the site/tourism officer to understand how visitors use the site
- Enabled location-based push notifications to visitors, directly promoting either the Vandeleur Walled Garden or Loop Head Lighthouse to maximise the opportunities to target visitors at both locations
- Developed a free destination guide featuring all the attractions, museums and activities in Co. Clare, so our platform could inform, engage and motivate in-destination visitors to see and do more locally
The main outcome of this project will be;
- Increased visitor numbers at both locations
- Collection of direct visitor information so that each site experience can be tailored to suit targeted visitor personas
- Promotion of other local like for like businesses, beside the council’s attractions
- More informed future strategies
- Improved customer experience
- Increased visibility through business clustering
- More effective destination development and community collaboration
To find out more about how the Great Visitor Experiences solutions could help you contact us here