Blog - Why customer personalisation is even more paramount for attractions post Covid-19?
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit Irish attractions harder than most businesses and many are having to rethink their business models and revenue goals in a very short period.
New trends around guest expectations and ever changing consumer demographics have also appeared, but in some cases COVID-19 has just accelerated existing ones. Such as, the need to modernise experiences and embrace digital solutions that will help recover lost revenue, support future growth and revitalise attractions for the new generation of guests,
For example, personalisation which was important prior to the pandemic, but for attractions, incorporating personalisation is now essential to attracting new guests and retaining regular ones.
For guests, personalisation has become a fact of life and for attractions it is all about delivering value just at the moment that a user needs it. By delighting your guests with personalisation, you can turn regular visitors into loyal customers and brand champions.
“In the future, the digital guest journey will play a large part in enticing visitors back to their favourite attractions.”
Here are some ways that attractions can optimise their personalisation activity for visitors:
- Become your visitors' digital concierge using the right technology
By integrating new technological solutions, attractions can leverage personalisation through demographic and location-based segmentation. Personalised purchase and experience recommendations, based on who and where visitors are within your attractions, are part of the next generation attraction experience and give visitors an end-to-end digitised experience where personalisation is present throughout. For example, loyalty codes for a particular ride or virtual queue jump pass.
- Increase your revenue with offers or deals based on needs
Now more than ever, visitors are driven by what they perceive as value for money. Offering visitors personalised value and deals will increase their spending opportunities before, during and after their visit.
- Understand and benefit from long term visitor data
The information you can glean from long term visitor data has huge benefits in figuring out what works and what doesn't across your attraction. Visitor data enables you to get to know them better and by gaining guest demographic and location information, you can arrange your attraction to maximise guest experience, retention, and revenue generation opportunities across your attraction space.
Key Personalisation Trends for 2021
- 91% of consumers say they are more likely to shop with brands that provide offers and recommendations relevant to them (Source: Accenture)
- 70% of consumers say a company's understanding of their personal needs influences their loyalty (Source: Salesforce)
- 72% of consumers will only engage with personalised marketing messages (Source: Smart Insights)
- 63% of consumers won’t buy from brands that use poor personalisation strategies (Source: Smart Insights)
To find out more about how we could help you adopt this approach within your attraction, contact us here