In early 2018, we carried out extensive research with visitor attraction and museum management which identified that as a sector;
- It was very difficult to communicate with a large percentage of customers and 85% of those already in-destination (as highlighted by Failte Ireland)
- Attractions could not identify on average between 30% to 60% of visitors as they came through tour operators and 3rd party channels
- There was a lack of tools to build good experiences and tell the real story beyond what was in front of a visitor
- Communications failed to drive revenue and upsell opportunities
- Language barriers resulted in large percentages of visitors not being able to engage and experience the attraction and museum directly
In October 2018, Great Visitor Experiences was founded and a two year development programme for an experiential visitor App and data driven content management solution for destination providers begun. The main aim was to develop innovative technology that will drive and maximise the visitor destination economy.
Our award-winning, tried & tested solution is now available to all attraction, museum and destination managers across Ireland as a way of connecting directly with in-destination visitors to ensure they maximise their reach, overall visitor experience and on-site engagement.
- Award winning platform supported by a knowledgeable & highly skilled management team
- Specialists in the visitor attraction & museum sector
- Highly focused on increasing revenues, profitability & improving the visitor experience for providers
- Most reliable platform for visitor data collection in Ireland
- Very experienced in understanding in-destination visitor motivation and providing reliable technology to target this group effectively
- Best Product Innovation Winner 2019 (Clare Enterprise Office)
- Best Business Winner 2019 (Clare Enterprise Office)
- Best Start Up Winner 2019 (Limerick Institute of Technology)
- National Enterprise Awards Finalist 2019 (Enterprise Ireland)
- “One to Watch” Nomination 2019 (Enterprise Ireland)
- "Most Innovative Travel & Hospitality Professional Winner" 2020 (Corporate Live Wire)
- "Content Management Company of the Year" 2020 (Corporate Live Wire)
Ivan Tuohy: Great Visitor Experiences founder
Great Visitor Experiences founder Ivan Tuohy has amassed a wealth of tourism industry knowledge having worked for over 20 years within the hotel, visitor attraction and hospitality sector. Prior to founding Great Visitor Experiences, he worked with Shannon Heritage, Ireland’s largest commercial visitor attraction operator while he oversaw attraction sites such as Bunratty Castle & Folk Park (Clare) and King John’s Castle (Limerick).
Ivan’s key skillset relates to bringing stories of a destination to life through innovative technology, a deep understanding of the visitor needs, a respect for culture, people, place, and history and bringing these factors to the forefront of product development.