Foynes Flying Boat & Maritime Museum
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Guided Tours
- Car Parking Available
- Food On Site
- Retail On Site
- Mobile ticket
- Immerse yourself in Ireland’s rich aviation history, the story of the famous flying boats & Foynes Hollywood connections
- Watch a 3D Hologram re-enacting the night Irish Coffee was invented
- Learn how the Shannon Estuary changed and shaped the lives of those living on its bank
- Board the World's only Boeing 314 Flying Boat
- Try your hand at being a pilot by challenging yourself to fly a Boeing 314 flight sim
- This and so much more...
Travel back to the 1930s and ’40s, when Foynes played a pivotal role in establishing commercial transatlantic passenger flights. Learn the history of Flying Boats and the diverse range of people who arrived and departed from Foynes through our comprehensive collection of historical and interactive exhibits and memorabilia. We’ve brought these stories to life for our visitors since 1989, right here in the original Foynes Airport Terminal Building.